Friday, February 22, 2013

shaved eyebrows and dishwasher regurgitations

The other day I was contemplating the fact that when some things happen, we just simply don't know why.

We can ask

We can surmise

We can reason

We can try to explain

We can scratch our heads


But there are a few things in this scientific life, that cannot be explained away... 

Do ya'll remember Dave?  He is the autistic guy I hang out with daily.  (You can read about Dave in more depth in my post from last year "autism, titanic and upsidown world"- Jan 13, 2012) 


There are many things about  Dave, that cannot be explained.  And he can't explain them to me, since he is not very verbal, and has a hard time expressing himself.  About 2 times a year, Dave randomly shaves off his eyebrows. 



What in the ever loving cat hair? 

 His parents and I have tried to explain it: 

maybe they are itchy?  

maybe he is trying to look like one of his favorite villains in a movie? 

maybe he saw someone on the street like that? 

We just don't know. 


Likewise, about 2 times a year, my dishwasher has to throw up all over my floor.  



She just feels like it.

Each time my husband pulls her out and looks at her mechanics, finds nothing wrong, and pushes her back in. She works fine for 6 months, then pukes soapy water again.  

She doesn't even explain herself.



You know the guys on The Big Bang Theory?


They are forever explaining many scientific things that happen in our world. (they just can't seem to have any lasting relationships but that's a blog for another day)  I would like to see these fellas explain away the eyebrows and dishwasher stuff in my life:)

 I have come to the conclusion that I will NOT try to explain away these two fascinating phenomena.  

They just ARE

And that's OK

I take them as a gift from God, something we humans can't dissect, divide, or conquer.

What has God put in your life, good or bad that you just can't explain away? 

 That you just accept, with (some would say) blind faith?

Something that you have decided NOT to strive against, but  take at face value.

Maybe even a little sumthin your Jesus is teaching you, through it

 about YOU,  and how you are living THIS LIFE   He has given you.

Think about it the next time somebody you know shaves his or her eyebrows, or your dishwasher overflows.  

or anything else that gets you to say "what in the cathair?"

STOP

LOOK

LISTEN

ACCEPT

What He is showing you.  

You just might learn something.

About eyebrows

or dishwashers

or better yet: YOURSELF


"Look at the Nations and watch- and be utterly amazed.  For I am going to do something in YOUR days, that you would not believe , even if you were told."   Habakkuk 1:5



 



No comments:

Post a Comment