Wednesday, July 4, 2012

EXTREME Before & After!


Hi kids- awesome treat for ya'll today! My great buddy and forever friend Corina Frakes Patterson  is guest blogging!  She is one of my favorite people, and has led an amazing life.
Read more about her shenanigans adopting a sweetie from India, being a pastor's wife, and living daily with pain, in my blog "Hotflash-X and Shekinah"  that I published about her in February. 

The fabulous Corina Patterson

I admire her greatly, and can't wait for you to hear from her.  ENJOY!



 I am just going to say it—

Before & After is about as American as hotdogs, apple pie, and baseball.
 


 Think about it…

We encounter Before & After all the time! Companies use it to prove the worth of their product ---
                                           (or maybe not! Haha!)



And the BEST television shows use Before & After. Have you ever seen shows like:
Trading Spaces,
 

 Extreme Home Makeover or, Yard Crashers?


Or the end-all be-all of
Before & After,

What Not To Wear!!!
 

The best show EV-UHH!

In case you have not seen this AMAZING show, I’ll explain
 (and give an honorary, WHAT IN THE CATHAIR?!)

The show goes like this:
 a bedraggled mom jean -wearin, too big t-shirt -sportin’, mismatched everything woman gets nominated and set-up by her friends. 

 Stacy and Clinton (pictured) sneak in and surprise the unsuspecting, fashion-less thing and offer a $5000 GIFT CARD to buy a NEW wardrobe BUT she has to throw out ALL her clothes. Once the woman agrees to take the offer (they always agree, wouldn’t you?), Stacy and Clinton sit down with the gal and take a look at secret footage of the woman on the street in her bad clothes. They proceed to say things like, “what were you thinking?" and “Really. You left the house in THAT?" Then, like fairy godmothers they help her buy beautiful clothes that fit, cut her hair, put make-up on her and, Voila! “After “ happens.




Check out this “After”   with the girls…uh, not so much:)
What were we thinking? wigs and aprons? YIKES!


Once the woman has all new stuff ,she always says things like, 

“I love it. "
"I feel pretty."
" I like the new me”      and   
 “Thank You”.

 Don’t you love that?


Another Before & After  is actually the BEST that could happen to anyone. 

It is when you give your life to Christ.

 Most Christians (including this one) cite some dramatic “Befores” that makes the “After” part seem all the more amazing.

Here’s what I’m thinkin:  stick with me now….

In this case it is NOT the “Before” that makes the “After” amazing.   


It is the  “IN BETWEEN”.


 
The FREE gift of Jesus Christ.

 His willing sacrifice of Himself so I can live with Him forever.

 The unmerited favor for my bedraggled, mom jean wearin, too big t-shirt sportin, mismatched self.


God sent His son to deliver a priceless ‘gift card’ of salvation to

 me,
 us, 
you.

Just like in What Not To Wear, all you gotta do is say:

 “ I’ll take it”   

...and agree to throw out the old stuff. 

God’s not even going to make you sit down to watch secret footage and make fun of you…

He forgets about that part. 

He simply transforms you so you will look in the mirror and say,

“I love it"
"I like the new me” and 
“Thank You”

“..if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame” Romans 10:9-11

That is one Cathair of a Before & After!

You should definitely take the ‘gift card’
  
…..just sayin!

2 comments:

  1. i love this, corina! when do you start your own blog????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corina, thank you for not saying "What in the cathair!?" when you went through my closet. ;)

    ReplyDelete