Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Hangover of 2012





As 2012 draws to a close, I gotta admit I am a little hung over.  



Ok, not in the drinking alcohol kind of way, but in the 

“I’m getting older and it is harder to focus" kind of way, 

 or

 “Say what?  Wasn't it just New Year’s Eve 2011 twenty minutes ago?”


  As I get older, time flys by, and I don’t get as much accomplished as I used to when I was more “spry”:) 

 By the time I shake my head to get the cobwebs out, and focus on what needs to be done, it's time to move to the next item on the agenda, like 2013.

What in the Cat Hair, Denise!  

Snap out of it!  

Shake off the hangover and get moving, it’s time for a whole new year fer cryin!

It is true, I am slowing down. 

It is time to start deciding what I really HAVE to do:

 and let the rest go....

 I have been writing this blog for a year now, and while I very much enjoy the creative process, its a lot of work. 

I promised my Jesus 12 months ago, I would write for a year, and that year is up.  

I have learned MUCH about being a amateur author:)


My Jesus has taught me many lessons .  


It has been a GREAT ride.


In 2013, I will slow down a little.    After all, I am getting OLDER all the time! 

I won’t write my blog as often,  (probably not weekly)  but whenever the Lord inspires me, 

you will hear from me again-

 that is how it should be anyhow!

One thing however, I WILL NOT NOW -OR EVER slow down on:

 is serving my Jesus with my whole heart and soul 

whatever HE asks me to do.  

THAT is one thing  I am committed to with passion.  

The number one New Years resolution... 

I am excited to see what He wants me to do in His name this next year.


And So,

Get over your 2012 hangover and get on to 

WHAT IN THE CAT HAIR

He has for YOU to do in 2013...

No Excuses.


*I dedicate the last blog of 2012 to my sweet husband, Dr. Timothy R Sieges.  We just celebrated 33 years together last night.  He has been an inspiration, and sometimes my only encourager.  I love him endlessly.




2 comments:

  1. I have appreciated your blog and understand fully the need to slow down. For us 2013 is going to be a year of a lot of changes, Lord willing. Like you I want to serve Him more. Joel and I speak of growing older and how much more we want to make these last years to count for the Kingdom of God.
    Thanks for the time and effort you have put into this blog, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thx nona- cant wait to see u at the shower on sat!

      Delete