Tuesday, February 23, 2016

"Evangelical" is a political term?

Thirty seven years ago last week, I knelt on the floor by myself in my one bedroom apartment in St Paul, Minnesota and committed my life to serving my Jesus.  To the best of my ability, with many fits and starts I have done just that. 

 By Webster and the Wikipedia definition of "evangelical" ...

That is who I am. 

I follow the "Good News" of scripture presented in the New Testament of the Bible, in so much as I believe Jesus, the man that came to this earth over 2000 years ago is both 100% God and 100% Man. I follow His teachings, and pattern my life after Him.  

Is "evangelical"  a political term? According to the Media, and some candidates in this year's election it most certainly is. 




All I can say to that is WHAT IN THE CAT HAIR? 

Most of you who know me know that I am not a very political person.  Whenever the polls open, I educate myself about the issues at hand and I vote.  That is my  American privilege and duty.  

BUT.....

I grieve for days past when the label of "evangelical" had more to do with a Billy Graham Crusade and less to do with the antics of a rich, crazy, narcissistic ridiculous person running for president.  

For more information about this and fake Christianity "christianism" have a look at the below blog. 

http://skyejethani.com/trump-and-the-heresy-of-christianism/

Also the above opened my eyes to why 20 and 30 somethings are rejecting the term "evangelical". They pretty much only understand it as a political term.

This makes me sad.

Thirty seven years ago when i knelt on the floor I did not sign up for this. Today, the same as then, as an evangelical I only want to love and serve my Jesus. 

Period.

What about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment